Steel-Cut Oats are highly fibrous with lots of other essential nutrients. These are also one of the whole grains which are least processed to give the goodness of all nutrients. They are the whole-grain groats which are not processed or rolled like rolled oats that are commonly found in the market.
BabyStaples Oats Porridge powder is made from organically certified steel-cut oats, and contains no sugar, salt, preservatives or milk. The oats are thoroughly washed, soaked in RO water, roasted and home-milled – so you can be sure that your baby only gets the best.
Nutrition Facts of Steel-Cut Oats:
- Rich in Dietary Fiber – Due to high amounts of dietary fiber, oats are easily digestible, makes you feel full for a longer duration and helps avoid over-eating.
- High Protein content.
- Rich in Iron and Vitamins.
- Energy-rich food.
Oats Porridge is a doctor-recommended first food for an infant, but for older children and adults, BabyStaples Oats Porridge powder can be used to make yummy waffles, cakes and cupcakes! This recipe takes less than 30 minutes to prepare and is absolutely delicious – you will never notice the difference. So what are you waiting for? Let’s get started!
- BabyStaples Oats Porridge Powder – 100g
- Sugar – 100g
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 pinch
- Eggs – 2 (100g)
- Ghee/unsalted butter – 100g
- Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 tbsp
- Whisk butter and sugar in a large bowl until it is white and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and whisk till the sugar gets dissolved completely.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Sift the BabyStaples Oats Porridge powder, salt and baking powder 3-4 times.
- Add the sieved mixture little by little into the butter-sugar batter and fold gently until dissolved.
- Finally add the milk to make sure that the consistency of the batter is neither too thick nor runny.
- Grease the cake/cupcake mould and pour the batter into the mould.
- Bake the cake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25-30 minutes.
And that’s it! You can even serve it hot, it tastes just as delicious! This cake is extremely soft, spongy, healthy and tasty. You can decorate with fondant, icing, sprinkles or chocolates (we’ve found Cadbury Gems to be a common favorite among kids), or serve it plain.
So there you go – an absolutely yummy cake that requires minimum preparation time and is healthier than most other options!