Eggless Apple and Rice Crêpes Recipe
If your child (or you!) has a sweet tooth, it can be very hard to stick to a healthy diet plan as most desserts are full of sugar. Traditional French crêpes too are made out of eggs, refined flour, butter and sugar – quite delicious, but not so healthy; they are loaded with calories and lacks in fiber and other nutrients. The refined flour makes it a no-no for children, and if you’re trying to cut down on your calories, it’s probably not such a good idea for you either.
However, this Apples and Rice Crêpes Recipe is eggless, free of refined flour and butter, and hardly consists any sugar! It is naturally sweetened by apples, is quick and easy to prepare, and will give you a healthy energy boost in minutes. Here’s how to make these absolutely delicious crêpes and satisfy that sweet craving, or simply brighten up your evening snack or breakfast time!
- BabyStaples Organic Apple and Rice Porridge powder -1 cup
- Milk (luke warm) – 3 cups
- Sugar / palm sugar / jaggery powder – 3 tbsp (or as per taste)
- Cinnamon powder – 2-3 pinches
- Mix everything in a large bowl.
- Set aside for 30 minutes.
- Pour a ladle full of the batter onto a greased pan.
- Shake the pan slightly to spread the batter. Do not use a ladle or a spoon to spread it.
- Roast until golden brown.
- Serve hot with syrup, apples, or by itself!
This recipe is so yummy, and completely healthy. It is naturally sweetened by apples, so you can totally skip adding the sugar if you wish – and it will turn out just as delicious! There’s finally a sweet dish that you can relish without having to worry about all the extra calories – isn’t that amazing?